Sunday 17 February 2013

An Ordinary Day

There was nothing but leftovers in the fridge, so we ordered the "Canadian" pizza (with pepperoni, bacon and mushrooms). We ate in front of the TV as we usually do on a pizza night. Plus, the hockey game was starting: Ottawa vs. Toronto. I had one eye on the iPad through the game, playing Hay Day and reading the Twitter feed. Unfortunately, the Sens lost. We hate to lose to Toronto, but so many of our top players are out with injuries that we really didn't expect much scoring. After the loss, we sent the Bean to bed. I should have gone up at the same time; instead, I promptly fell asleep while we watched "Monk" on DVD.

In the morning, I slept in. And then slept some more. The Bean and I had breakfast together and watched the Family Channel while my Sweetie was at the gym. Next thing, it was time to shower, while Sweetie sorted the dirty clothes. Sunday is laundry day at our house. After lunch, the Bean and I went to Loblaws for groceries. Tomorrow is Family Day and the grocery stores will be closed. Sweetie is making carrot ginger soup tonight. Mmm... I also got all we need to make Baked Pasta tomorrow. Despite Family Day, tomorrow night the Bean has her first tryout for competitive level soccer. We learned last summer that pasta and sauce is the fuel she needs to play her best soccer.

So I'm sitting on the couch with the iPad watching "Income Property" and thinking about my day. It's an ordinary day really. It all depends how you look at it. But this can be a day with Stage IV breast cancer.

2 comments:

  1. Cancer or no cancer, there is much to love about an ordinary day isn't there? More ordinary days are what we all want. Thanks so much for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete